Monday, March 16, 2009

okay, so not the I was planning on telling a single solitary soul, I'm going to tell the whole wide web...I've been reading the Twilight series, and I'm totally (sadly) into it. I hate books and movies about vampires and werewolves and other made up villains as a general rule, but for some odd reason have been very into these over my spring break. I started last saturday, and am nearly finished with the 3rd book. sad sad sad. but, in my defense, I have learned that I am surrounded by many other fans of the book; my hairdresser went on for hours ab all the ppl she's seen reading the book in her chair- so I felt a little better about all that.

anyway. I just got back from a nice weekend away. I went with my fabulous church family for a youth conference in Knoxville. 3 services in all, and not a bad way to spend the weekend by any means. i think i have come to love these weekend getaways..not because of what i expect them to do or to be i guess, but bc of the potential that they have. we took nearly 60 people. all of us different- different shapes, different colors, ages, stages, etc- and just the possibility of what this type of weekend has the potential to be for each different person is encouraging. whether its the type of weekend that ends up being completely life altering, or the kind that just ends up being the encouraging break, i look forward to these trips, these little breaks..can't wait for the next one.

speaking of breaks- i have found out that rather than being out of a job the beginning of may, i will be unemployed the first friday of april- hoo haa. but, bc God is good to me, I do have the next job pretty much in the bag. a few more details to be sorted out still, but there is a light at the end of this tunnel, thank God for that. i think there may be a week or two i'll sit unemployed, but hopefully it will be a welcomed break by then.

anyway, thats life for now. except for the scarf story! but it'll give you something to check back for next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment